The EPA’s Lead Renovation, Repair and Painting Rule
Paramount Siding and Windows, Serving All of Denver Metro
Did you know that lead-based paint wasn’t outlawed until 1978? Today, that means testing should be performed and extreme cautions taken prior to repairing, renovating, or otherwise disturbing the paint of a home or commercial structure built before 1978. And if you hire a contractor for any sort of work, such as window replacement, you must follow the EPA’s Lead Renovation, Repair and Painting Rule:
Firms performing renovation, repair, and painting projects that disturb lead-based paint in homes, child care facilities and pre-schools built before 1978 must have their firm certified by EPA (or an EPA authorized state), use certified renovators who are trained by EPA-approved training providers and follow lead-safe work practices.
Your Safety Is Our Priority
Instead of going the DIY route or hiring a local handyman to work on window replacements, contact Paramount Siding and Windows in Denver. We are EPA lead-safe certified renovation contractors and follow all federal guidelines to the letter. By working with our professionals, you’ll have peace of mind knowing that you and your family are safe at all times.
In compliance with the EPA, our certification ensures that:
- All individuals performing activities that disturb painted surfaces on behalf of Paramount Siding and Windows are either certified renovators or have been trained by a certified renovator.
- A certified renovator is assigned to each renovation and performs all of the certified renovator responsibilities.
- All renovations completed by Paramount are performed in accordance with the work practice standards of the Lead-Based Paint Renovation, Repair, and Painting Program.
- Pre-renovation education and lead pamphlet distribution requirements of the Lead-Based Paint Renovation, Repair, and Painting Program are performed.
- The program’s record keeping requirements are met.
If you have any questions about this program or our certification, please feel free to contact us.